Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Back to the hobby!
#21

(31st-Jan-21, 02:32 AM)KensRedZed Wrote:  Gary.

Who's Dave?

In my best Cheech and Chong voice I have to add "Dave's not here, man"  Rofl

It's all good. You must have been thinking of a friend named Dave while writing this. Some of us call it a "senior moment".  Thumbup

Lol, Cheech and Chong seem appropriate too!   Cool

"Hey, handle it by the edges man!   Bigsmile

I'm not sure where that Dave came from...but I meant thanks to you Ken!
Quote
#22

I'm certainly no expert, but I think that Brabham might be an Atlas. I have a Porsche 904 by them and the motor layout looks very similar.
[+] 1 member Likes Mr.M's post
Quote
#23

Hi Gary, Your Brabham is a Strombecker, and is 1/24th scale.


[Image: strombecker-brabham-f1-slot-car-kit-1-73...8ccd-1.jpg]

And the Cox cars do clean up well..!!

Cheers
Chris Walker

[Image: 2003-12-31-23-00-00-31-copy.jpg]

[Image: 2003-12-31-23-00-00-79-copy.jpg]

[Image: 2009-10-12-10-37-23-copy.jpg]
[+] 3 members Like chrisguyw's post
Quote
#24

Thanks so much Chris!   For all these years, I've thought that little F1 car was 1/32; it's good to find out the truth.  And a Strombecker as well, a brand that loomed large in my own youthful days. Sun   There were two commercial tracks in my neighborhood in Geelong.   One was Avus Raceways, my "home" track; the other store featured two large tracks (although neither were as long as our track at Avus) and was really quite nice and modern.  I bought the Brabham at that shop. 

Wow!  Those Cox cars look fantastic Chris!   They are in amazing shape; I fear mine are too far gone to ever "come back" like yours!   Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes Gary Brantley's post
Quote
#25

Gary,

Chris refinished his cars to look like that. They didn't come that way from Cox. He's a master builder/refinisher.

There's no reason you can't rebuild your cars to look way better than they do. That's exactly what this forum is for. Inspiration.

Oh, and by the way... "Hey, handle it by the edges man!  Bigsmile 

Cheers,
Ken
[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post
Quote
#26

(1st-Feb-21, 03:38 AM)KensRedZed Wrote:  Gary,

Chris refinished his cars to look like that. They didn't come that way from Cox. He's a master builder/refinisher.

There's no reason you can't rebuild your cars to look way better than they do. That's exactly what this forum is for. Inspiration.

Oh, and by the way... "Hey, handle it by the edges man!  Bigsmile 

Cheers,
Ken

Yes, he did a really nice job on that Ferrari.   I fear that my version of that car suffered way too much at the hands of a 13-14 year-old boy.  And to think, within months of our return to Texas, I had a Texas driver's license.   In Texas at that time, a student who completed the driver's education course in 8th grade, could take the state driver's test at 14.   We were turned loose on the streets in big V8 family sedans, pickup trucks, Mustangs, Chargers and whatever lurked in the family driveway.   At times, it must've looked like a NASCAR race going on around town, lol.  And most of us survived to laugh about it too. Bigsmile

One of my other hobbies is building 1/48 scale aircraft.   I've been doing it since the late '80s and have accumulated a few.  I hope it's okay to post a link to a portfolio from a scale modeling website:

https://imodeler.com/author/garybrantley/

Here's a pic of my last completion.  It's the Revell Republic F-84E, circa 1952 Korea, photographed at the Cameron Municipal Airport:

[Image: MtgTten.jpg]
[+] 3 members Like Gary Brantley's post
Quote
#27

Some fantastic modelling work there Gary. Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes JasonB's post
Quote
#28

If you have the body? You can make it perfect again. Just ask Chris.  Thumbup

Aircraft you say? Very interesting... Cool plane.
[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Anthony B
25th-Aug-25, 05:30 PM
Last Post by BAracer
5th-Apr-23, 09:43 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)