Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Cars bought by members in 2021
#11

I was waiting on a new livery, but given the current lockdowns in most of the world I decided to go with what is available... you watch the  "Blau" livery will appear in tthe UK in the next week now !

But anyways the Carrera McLaren 720S GT3 to pair up with the above mentiond Ferrari 488 GT3.

   
[+] 2 members Like Savage GT's post
Quote
#12

First purchase of the year, can't resist these Pioneer Legends. Inaslot paint defect version, bargain at £30 and you have to try really hard to spot any blemishes.
   
[+] 1 member Likes CMOTD's post
Quote
#13

Car one of a racing pair arrived today along with all the conversion bits for the pair.
MK1 Ford Escort in track racing trim.
I am going for the resto-mod look with period look wheels in a larger diameter than period.
Just awaiting the sold out livery I purchased from ebay from a private seller to come in.

Amato 3DP chassis (cheers Angelo  Thumbup) 15.8mm alloy minilite wheels (Will be a scale 15-16" with lower profile tyres compared to the period stock 12 or 13") and 16k s-can motors to slow them down some !

   
[+] 5 members Like Savage GT's post
Quote
#14

Hello Savage GT,

That is a very interesting rebuild.
I am very curious how the Escort will look like and will perform.
It would be great, if you could show us your rebuild step by step in a separate topic.

rallyhub Thumbup
Quote
#15

Hi Rallyhub  Cool

Its a bit late as I already did the chassis, TBH its only a matter of screwing together the pieces, just a little reshaping at the front of the chassis as that is part of the lower front panel and it looks like it was made for cars with bumpers on.
But when I get the second car I'll post the finished article here instead of the before one :)
[+] 1 member Likes Savage GT's post
Quote
#16

(22nd-Jan-21, 10:07 AM)Savage GT Wrote:  that is part of the lower front panel and it looks like it was made for cars with bumpers on.
Maybe you could cut the old and new chassis both right in front of the front screws and glue the existing lower front panel to the front of the body?
(This way, the entire existing bodywork remains complete, including that lower front panel.)

rallyhub Thumbup
Quote
#17

   
   

This new Jag will be joyfully disassembled. All the extra parts will go into a bin. A scratch-built chassis will eventually go under the nice looking body.

   
[+] 3 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#18

Second Escort arrived, and has been completed :)
I did end up cutting of the lower front panel from the original chassis as Rallyhub mentioned, purely because I felt it would look better.
It is close to the front screws so trimming the panel and chassis was an exercise in little and often so as not to compromise chassis strength or bodywork cosmetics.  Sweating
Kudos to Amato chassis for being well made that I could trim it without fear of anything breaking. (unlike some I have used in the past!).
But it turned out OK and the main reason for changing was to get a nice wood track performance, and lose the FF motor for something with brakes and a bit slower.
The stock interior would have needed a fair bit of chopping to allow clearance, so I opted for taking the easy route and using a lexan one, I have used modern heads/helmets because the my idea for these was resto-mod original race cars being used today.

[Image: X0IbCEk.jpg]

With the slower motor geared 8/25 the cars hit max speed around 1/4 to 1/3 the length of my back straight, is very driveable and handles well  Sun
The cars use Slot.It G25 rear tyres which work well without the need to glue and true.
As you can see, tyre clearance in all directions is very tight, but I assure you there is just about enough room not to rub !

[Image: q8M6EOO.jpg]

And finally a gratuitous pic of the pair Rofl

[Image: fITt0UN.jpg]
[+] 6 members Like Savage GT's post
Quote
#19

Many thanks for posting the small report and photos about your Scalextric Escort rebuilds.
They look very nice.

rallyhub Thumbup
Quote
#20

Nice report & a great job, do love the Broadspeed Escorts, those and Alan Mann are the 2 liveries that really stand out.

Bernie, racing since 1969 Wavegreen
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Henk
6th-Jan-26, 07:37 AM
Last Post by Kevan
3rd-Oct-24, 09:59 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)