Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
I was getting worried by the radio silence, so very pleased to see the latest news. I would understand if it is not possible to produce copies, but I really want one.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Count me in on one too please Jason .
It looks fabulous !!! Best of luck with the casting process .
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
There maybe a further radio silence over Christmas, and even after that I expect progress will be painfully slow.
But if I can take a mould and get some casts done, you're both on the list.
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Cheers Jason
•
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
What is this strange looking piece of metal on my bench?
Funny looking carbon fiber rods. They look about 0.070" inch diameter. I wonder if the body uses those to fasten to the sides somehow? It looks as though it can use regular body posts too.
Oddly enough. An FF 050 motor slips right in. What a coincidence.
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Absolutely blooming marvellous Ken. Quality work. Thanks very much.
•
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Slammed van?
Where are you going to pitch it Ken?
Shelf queen or racer?
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Thank you very kindly Jason.
Jeremy. This chassis is going to the only guy I know with a J-van body. He can set the body height how he wishes.
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Ahh...you can tell I'm not a scratch builder. I had it in mind that you slammed your cars by raising the level of your axles relative to the rest of the chassis.
Body posts...who'd have thought!
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Hi Jeremy,
Thank you very kindly. All the chassis are set to 2mm track height. Everything is in the body posts as you just underlined.
Slamming a car requires tucking the wheels in quite far to lower the body. Some cars are too narrow to slam. Many Ferrari's for example are pre-slammed based on the rounded shape of the wheel arches.
Do you really want to slam a J-van? It's more of a "just for fun" project. This chassis has higher sides than normal and carbon fiber rods. Plus normal body posts. That should hopefully provide three different ways to mount this chassis to the J-van body.
However... It can be slammed like almost anything else. It's up to the new owner.
•