Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Worldwide slot car chat on Zoom!

Probably in this case "sodering" !!

Rofl

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 1 member Likes Scuderia_Turini's post

Depends on what side of the pond you're on. Personally, I prefer "soldering" but kept getting grief from the guys in this area, so now I usually say "soddering".

Sodding soldering. :P

(Deleted old links to avoid accidental clicking.)
[+] 3 members Like MrFlippant's post

[+] 2 members Like MrFlippant's post

Cheers Greg, sorry I was late.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com

Once again, more generous sharing of top slot car tips...
  • How to 3D print really small slot car bonnet (hood) badges
  • Tips on how to store cars to avoid tyre flat spots, and what is the best 'next thing to buy' after your first slot car set (spoiler alert, there are hundreds of things)
Then there was a lot of geeky stuff about 3D printers, then...
  • Alt-tab/spacebar technique
  • Where to find the best Christmas crackers in the world (Scotland)
And to finish, the grand finale of...
  • Beautifully elegant examples of brass chassis 
  • What you can do to a very nice looking RTR slot car to make it an absolutely stunningly understatedly beautiful RTR slot car (and why it had to be got rid of!)

I love puttering with gears

(26th-Nov-20, 10:43 AM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote:  Cheers Greg, sorry I was late.

Leo

Never. EVER apologize for missing a meeting, or being late to a meeting, or anything. If anyone out there feels like they shouldn't bother to join if they're not on time, or that they can't interject, or anything, please, PLEASE don't. Think of this chat as nothing more than a friendly chat. Come in late, leave early, it doesn't matter. If I roll my eyes at anyone, or ask give anyone a hard time, ignore me. Think of it as no more than friendly ribbing. Let other people get a word in edge-wise, or don't. I'd rather have people who don't take a breath than a bunch of awkward staring. I apologize to anyone whom I may have offended by suggesting that they take a breath. ;-)
I should probably post this elsewhere, 'cus it's not directed at you, but you reminded me to say it. :)

(26th-Nov-20, 03:22 PM)BourneAgainRacer Wrote:  #32

Once again, more generous sharing of top slot car tips...
  • How to 3D print really small slot car bonnet (hood) badges
  • Tips on how to store cars to avoid tyre flat spots, and what is the best 'next thing to buy' after your first slot car set (spoiler alert, there are hundreds of things)
Then there was a lot of geeky stuff about 3D printers, then...
  • Alt-tab/spacebar technique
  • Where to find the best Christmas crackers in the world (Scotland)
And to finish, the grand finale of...
  • Beautifully elegant examples of brass chassis 
  • What you can do to a very nice looking RTR slot car to make it an absolutely stunningly understatedly beautiful RTR slot car (and why it had to be got rid of!)

I love these and greatly appreciate them. If you are OK with it, I might copy your summaries to use as video descriptions. :) If you  ever want to do them for older episodes, please feel free to PM me, and I'll happily put them up as descriptions in videos. Time stamps would be awesome, but I don't want to make you feel obligated to write down the times at which we change subject. Your contributions, as is, are appreciated. :)

Two hours just flew by...

0:00:00 Greg's memory test

0:00:05 Show & Tell - Tumbler cars / tumbler cleaning / I spy Slotracer.online contributor staying up late on a school night!

0:17:30 How Mr Flippant's childhood drink has influenced his love of one particular car, and if you can find one, Mr F will make you very rich.

0:38:00 The future of our hobby pt1? Photogrammetry is the science and technology of obtaining reliable information about physical objects, according to G****e. Are slot cars bodies a step too far? Check out this tech...

0:48:00 How far is reasonable to drive to a slot track to race? Check out this '5hr' track, and by all accounts, it's worth the trip.

[Interlude: Slot Car Rule - never race a slot car you love, it won't be a fast car]

1:00:15 Chewing the cud...the youngest driver of a Le Mans winning car? / how much is a car worth? / how much are the contents of Dennis' Vintage Motor Box worth?

1:17:00 The future of our hobby pt2? How soon before manufacturers sell model files for home printing rather than make then themselves? Is the HRW Proxy race series where you have to print your own body, chassis and guide the start of that future. Watch and listen to a masterclass in how start designing and printing these, plus detailed little engines and should the mood take you, at 1:42:00 a detailed discussion, and looooong look at The Stig's crotch. And finally...what good looks like!

I love puttering with gears
[+] 2 members Like BARacer's post

[+] 1 member Likes MrFlippant's post

[+] 2 members Like MrFlippant's post