Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Cars bought by members in 2021
#71

   

I haven't bought much this year, but I did treat myself after the Winter Rally-Sprint was over. Inspired by one of Hub's three favourite rally slot cars in the article he kindly wrote for the event fanzine, I got myself a Fly Porsche 911 - the one Gérard Larrousse and Jean-Claude Perramond took to second place on the 1972 Monte Carlo Rally (I already have an SCX Alpine and Lancia Fulvia from that event).

It's a 2021 release, apparently in collaboration with Scalextric Passion and is from a limited edition of 350. Pendles still have it listed in stock here.

It is a beautiful car. The finish isn't perfect, but I bought it to enjoy on the track - not just admire. I've already taken it apart... the magnet is out, I have a sprung guide fitted and some weight ready to experiment with at the front (as advised by Hub). With the motor behind the rear axle, it is ridiculously light at the front!

What didn't impress me too much were the tyres - they were tatty on the inside edges, making it look like the wheels had been painted with the tyres on. I removed them, ran my finger round the inside and that tidied things up quite a bit. Much more concerning is that the rear sidewinder gear is touching the surface of my set-up plate. I will need to source some slightly larger tyres before I can give the car a good thrash / road test. There's nothing in my tyre store that fits, apart from some Fly Classic tyres that look way too big in the wheel arches. They might have to do for now.
[+] 6 members Like woodcote's post
Quote
#72

An absolute bargain, this MG Vanquish BRM P154 'Castrol' car was being sold on eBay as used but was mint, boxed, just minus the outer sleeve. 

Only three bidders including me - and it went for just one third the price of the last one I watched.  Thumbup

Happy days  Wrench

           
[+] 7 members Like Top Down's post
Quote
#73

Not bought as such (although it will cost me a few beers when we’re allowed to go to a public house, gifted these by a friend 

Immaculate Autoart 996 GT3RS white/red
   

Slightly rough McLaren MP4-12C
   

Nice diecast Porsche 911 2.7RS for my little boy (which would be made into a slot car if it wasn’t a 1:38 scale)

   

Happy days!!
[+] 4 members Like 964rh's post
Quote
#74

Like Andy, I bought the limited edition Fly Monte 1972 Porsche 911S of Gérard Larrousse and the Champion of Catalunya 1977 as well.


Hub Thumbup 

       
Fly Porsche 911S, second Rallye Monte Carlo 1972, Gérard Larrousse.                     Porsche 911 RS 2.7 winner Criterium del Berguedá 1977, driven by Claudio Caba
                                                                                                                                                                  and Champion of Catalunya 1977
[+] 5 members Like rallyhub's post
Quote
#75

Recently acquired by me is this SCX Escort Cosworth. 

[Image: 51088261546_59d05b0a9e.jpg]

It needed a fair bit of work, I don't think it had ever been out of the box, but it had somehow suffered pretty bad water damage that had seized the bushes to the axles a ruined one of the pinions.  An afternoon of faffing and it's now running fairly smoothly.  

[Image: 51088334704_9884eef96e.jpg]

It really is a great looking car
[+] 6 members Like AdeC's post
Quote
#76

Let's go OFF ROAD!

   

Roll on October...

I love puttering with gears
[+] 4 members Like BAracer's post
Quote
#77

(8th-Apr-21, 09:50 PM)BARacer Wrote:  Let's go OFF ROAD!



Roll on October...

atleast yours has the 'mud effect' so we can distinguish the winner from the loser hehehehe
Quote
#78

Well I'm not going win the concours!

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#79

   

I am thoroughly looking forward to the 2021 Teamslot releases, but needed to catch up with last year's... This one arrived this afternoon - perfect timing for the Rallye SanRemo coverage here.

I have the other two Lancia Delta HF 4WD rally liveries (1987 RAC 'Martini' and 1988 Catalunya 'Camel') which I love, but I think this is my favourite of the bunch so far. It'll have a run on the hillclimb before the end of the weekend - and it is a candidate for fitting 8 LEDs across the front...
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post
Quote
#80

Hi 964rh,
I own the Autoart Porsche 996 GT3RS. It became a very pleasant car when I replaced the original motor with a NSR 20k. I put a Ninco NC1 in my first 996 GT3RS but this motor is no longer available.
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Henk
6th-Jan-26, 07:37 AM
Last Post by Kevan
3rd-Oct-24, 09:59 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)