Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Whats on your bench ...

(15th-Aug-24, 12:29 PM)Kevan Wrote:  
(15th-Aug-24, 08:49 AM)BAracer Wrote:  My next GT3 Proxy tyres, need to take 0.5mm off...not a quick job!

Depends on the rubber

That would be telling!

But early progress suggests 3hrs per tyre, which I tend to do in 1hr chunks, giving me plenty of time to contemplate life and meditate on meaningful matters...Who'd have thought slot cars could offer that.

I love puttering with gears
Quote

OK I'll guess...NSR 5223 Ultragrip 21 x 14 for MG-Vanquish cars

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post
Quote

In my dreams!

I love puttering with gears
Quote

After finishing this slot.it 512M body conversion, I felt the need to cut and solder some metal. So I pulled this Revell Cobra out and went to work.
       
[+] 3 members Like mickey thumbs's post
Quote

The Ferrari is nice. That's one sweet looking 289 AC Cobra body.
Quote

@Mickeythumbs = If you have pics to show your conversion build up - please do a thread - would love to do one as well!!

Great Car BTW !!
Quote

Next step is working out the body mounting. For those of you raising an eyebrow at the 40K label on the motor, I know it is overkill but it is a fairly new release and I wanted to play with it. A 4:1 gear ratio results in it reaching max RPM at the end of my longest straight, but causes hilariously abrupt braking. 3.5:1 makes for a fast, smooth lap.

           

The box art brought back great memories. The Revell Cobra was my second kit as a kid.

   
[+] 6 members Like mickey thumbs's post
Quote

I’ve decided on this Ken Miles livery from 1963.

       
[+] 3 members Like mickey thumbs's post
Quote

   

Too many things going at once, and never seem to really finish up the cars.  Must make more efforts.

Beach buggy needs to finish the decorating and thinking if any way to make faster - not alot of room to play with.

New printer arrived so spent a little time in Blender to have a go at the Speed 12.  A second attempt to make it better but forgot to smooth for the printing.  Should be good enough to test with though.

Very happy with how the Koenigsegg is turning out.  Must try not to mess it up with the windows.  Then to think of the running gear.
I think the standard parts that are accessible here probably won't work well, time to start a mockup chassis to test.

My DIY projects and failures at  https://dazee-projects.blogspot.com/ 
Various projects and videos at https://www.youtube.com/@DaleChan-nel
[+] 1 member Likes dazee's post
Quote

(3rd-Sep-24, 09:22 PM)mickey thumbs Wrote:  I’ve decided on this Ken Miles livery from 1963.

Looking good Mickey, Thumbup ........keep us posted.

I have done a couple over the years using the Revell shell,.....both "289" versions,......to my eye, better looking than the "427".

Cheers
Chris Walker

This one a fantasy livery............


[Image: 2003-12-31-23-00-00-4.jpg]

On a "Hybrid" chassis........

[Image: 2003-12-31-23-00-00-18.jpg]

And this an actual livery............

[Image: DSCN4450.jpg]

On a simple fully "scratch" chassis...

[Image: DSCN4561.jpg]
[+] 5 members Like chrisguyw's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)