Posts: 109
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 142 in 78 posts
Likes Given: 104
Joined: Apr 2019
The following year, 2007 I bought this Scalextric Police Range Rover. I' pretty sure this would have been a new model then. I bought a boxed brand new one, but also got hold of one from the drift set with the Gallardo that had the 360 dogs spinning guide and this one got used a lot on the track as it was brilliant fun having chases where the police car could go in both directions and do U turns. I think the bodies on both were identical, just different chassis for the different guide blades.
TheRange Rover is tons of fun and is still a regular on my track even after all these years. It's relatively fast (considering it's bulk) and handles quite nicely too.
Posts: 109
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 142 in 78 posts
Likes Given: 104
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 109
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 142 in 78 posts
Likes Given: 104
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
The first Rover's front tire has aged just right. The cracks look like it would make a great desert diorama. An abandonded vehicle in the middle of a desert half covered in sand. Perfect!
Richard, Nice find.
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Great stuff Richard, I always think that the Vectras are strangely ignored. perhaps its because the 1:1 cars were so popular, but then one would think that that would have increased sales.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 109
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 142 in 78 posts
Likes Given: 104
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 109
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 142 in 78 posts
Likes Given: 104
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 109
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 142 in 78 posts
Likes Given: 104
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 109
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 142 in 78 posts
Likes Given: 104
Joined: Apr 2019
On to 2010 and going alphabetically I'll start with a Scalextric Alfa Romeo 159
Next a couple of Corvettes, this is a Fly Safety Car:
and this Ninco Highway Patrol Car, bought when they were released from a local swapmeet and I've not seen another one since.
This carrera Dodge Charger SRT is a lovely car, like many Carrera car bought about that time I only paid about £20, popped it on the track and had lots of fun with it. It's nice a fast and stable but does like to coast into the bends so it's hard to judge braking. I unfortunately had a high speed 'hitting the wall at the end of my longest straight at full speed' incident, which made a bit of a mess of it and broke the bull bars, roof lights and rear spoiler off. Of course they're now getting quite expensive, and I've been on the look out for a brand new boxed one to keep but they're all oa bit pricey and seem to be getting dearer.
Another US Highway police car, this time a Ninco Hummer. Not used this, it's still in the box, but I've got the identical yellow one that I often use on my track and absolutely love it. The tiny suspension damper things are awesome and it's great seeing it lean into the bends.
Posts: 109
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 142 in 78 posts
Likes Given: 104
Joined: Apr 2019
(This post was last modified: 11th-Feb-21, 11:34 AM by
JasonB.)