Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

'Go to' tyres?
#21

I know thread is a bit old, however having just learnt the terminology for rim's and tyres etc and having located an actual picture that shows and tells what is what and how to measure I thought I would post that image here as a future reference for us newbies

   
MJK Rim explanation


Quote
#22

New MJK Catalogue 1:24 and 1:32 June 2020 available for download from http://www.mjkeng.com/cat20.htm

Available for purchase from MrSlotcar https://www.mrslotcar.com/mjk


   
MJK Logo Catalogue 1-24 and 1-32 June 2020

   
MrSlotcar MJK Tyre How to Measure


Quote
#23

Awesome resource! Thanks for that because I've been having a really tough time sourcing what tire fits on what rim. With this now as a blueprint, I can just fill in the dimensions and send it off.
Quote
#24

I have used MJK tyres on 1/32 and 1/24 vintage cars and found they were good on a wood track. We also tried them on Racer Sideways Group 5 cars where we use hand out tyres and found they were possibly a little less grippy than Slotit 1207F22 but they don't wear anything like as quickly. We would have bought a batch but MJK had problems following the bushfires in Australia and it has taken them a while to get up and running again.

You can get some Paul Gage tyres from Slotcarsupplies in Wales which saves all the hassle of personal import..
Quote
#25

Thanks for the back story, but I was referring to the diagram you posted of the wheel/tire dimensions. I'm in Southern California so unlikely I'll buy tires from Australia.
Quote
#26

I must admit I assumed you were in the UK. MJK don't seem to have stockists in other countries so that won't be a lot of help.
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Gordon Steadman
28th-Dec-21, 05:15 PM
Last Post by Kevan
20th-Dec-21, 08:08 PM
Last Post by Top Down
20th-Jun-19, 04:59 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)