Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

HRW Championship GT3 Proxy 2022 Event Potential Entry
#21

hopefully we will be outa lockdown well b4 autumn , and i can get the ball rolling 
already have donor body and a few other bits and bobs 
i know what i want to use ... within my budget 
but as you say it will be a best guess scenario initially 
keeping it simple wont be a problem for me hehehe 
but i will try very hard to be thorough 

lets see how covid pans out 1st , then i can plan properly
[+] 1 member Likes OXO cube's post
Quote
#22

Had to change the threaded pod screws from the ones in the pack to some Sloting Plus ones I had in stock which are just part threaded, as the original ones were binding in the fixing holes in the pod.

Little things...

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#23

Some weight management this week, balancing the chassis load across the rear tyres...

   

Resulting in this...

   

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BAracer's post
Quote
#24

Looking good Jeremy  Thumbup............a little suggestion/tip if I may.

It might not be a bad idea to put spacers between both the spur gear and the wheel hub, and the stopper and the wheel hub on the other end. (the spacers should obviously take up the full gap).

As you are aware lateral axle (spur)  movement in an anglewinder configuration will affect gear mesh,.......while this is not that critical in one off club events or running around at home, where you can monitor and adjust the rear axle lateral play, it does become more of an issue in proxy events with multiple events and tons of laps.

By adding spacers between the stopper/spur gear/wheel hubs, you effectively add the wheels' grub screw  as another safeguard in minimizing lateral axle movements.

Cheers
Chris Walker
[+] 1 member Likes chrisguyw's post
Quote
#25

Let me see what I have in stock for such a situation...

Ah ha!

   

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#26

By all means keep the Plafit spacers,............the Slot-it and Scaleauto stuff can be given to one of the racers you are trying to beat.

Cheers
Chris Walker
[+] 1 member Likes chrisguyw's post
Quote
#27

You can take the man away from wing cars, but you can't take the wing car out of the man!

Here's a picture of my driver with a nicely detailed, colour coordinated stripe on their helmet...

   

And a dark moody one with driver fitted...

   

And an overexposed one to try and show the Staffs wheels...

   

I love puttering with gears
[+] 2 members Like BAracer's post
Quote
#28

It is always smart to start your build while the GT3 Proxy series is running.  You limit your mistakes, and make the necessary changes to your build as you pay attention to the small details that make the big difference.  Good Luck with your build and qualifying.
[+] 1 member Likes Brumos RSR's post
Quote
#29

Thank you, and good luck in the 997 proxy and all the others you are running in!

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#30

Just spent a productive weekend gardening, hanging a door, and in-between, weight tuning the car over hundreds of laps.

So work in progress...

   

And the final, leaded, version...

   

I reached a point where I think it was optimised between low lap times and consistent running. No point in fine tuning it for my plastic track when it is intended to be raced on wood.

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BAracer's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)