14th-Apr-20, 10:26 AM
I will take the one step forward and learn from the set backs.
The pod is the one that came with the chassis, I will search out what kit is available to convert it to tripod.
I used the existing 'raised' hole in the chassis for the remote LED... I was quite pleased with that as it keeps the bottom of the bulb flush with the underside of the chassis. It's 18mm from rear edge of guide. I thought I would get a tick for that!
I'm gaining soldering confidence with every mod, so feel a bit more comfortable to shorten leads and take better control of cable routes...and seeing the picture, I will add some insulation to the FM legs.
I will reinforce the antenna base
And finally...
I will go back through posts to check if I am going in the right direction!
The pod is the one that came with the chassis, I will search out what kit is available to convert it to tripod.
I used the existing 'raised' hole in the chassis for the remote LED... I was quite pleased with that as it keeps the bottom of the bulb flush with the underside of the chassis. It's 18mm from rear edge of guide. I thought I would get a tick for that!
I'm gaining soldering confidence with every mod, so feel a bit more comfortable to shorten leads and take better control of cable routes...and seeing the picture, I will add some insulation to the FM legs.
I will reinforce the antenna base
And finally...
I will go back through posts to check if I am going in the right direction!

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)
