Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Cars bought by members in 2021

Some „new old stock“

   

   
[+] 5 members Like Henk's post
Quote

Love both of those Henk.

What's the 911? I've seen the Ninco 911SC in Martini livery (with the whale tail) but that looks like a ducktail spoiler
Quote

It‘s all thanks to RallyHub who pointed me in the right direction, Rally  Sun

The Porsche is a 934, there are also race versions of it.
Quote

I was after the ford Sierra in this specific livery. Eventually found one on a Swiss model shop‘s website. So i bought the Porsche as well to make the shipping costs worthwhile. Had them sent to my German address (was cheaper) and got 7% Vat back, then I had to pay 19% Vat in Germany. The same vat construction when buying in England when the reseller makes the right bill, I think Pendle Slot does this as well, subtract Britisch vat and the you have to pay the local vat.
Quote

Thanks Henk

Could I ask what Swiss shop it was? have a friend that has a base in Switzerland and could order and bring across to the UK for me.

Thanks

Rob
Quote

Sure the shop is Modellbauland, website ends with .ch ;)
Quote

A couple of E-Types arrived today  Checkeredflag

From a chassis and construction point of view I am not keen on the Scalextric versions, thankfully for me there seem to be plenty of the long discontinued Revell/Monogram version around in these liveries for not unreasonable coin. 

Advertised as S/H mint, I think they are more new old stock by the looks of them and the dust on the boxes, (especially as they were relisted by the seller shortly after I ordered them).
I believe these 2 "privateer racer" liveries were supposed to be limited to 500 each worldwide. Obviously were not a great seller, all the better for me  Bigsmile

   

   

My plan is to try and retain as much of the original as I can, I will be swapping tyres for something a little bit lower profile, motors for some SRP 16k and suitable gearing to improve the braking. Revell cars were not known for good brakes !
Hopefully I can do this while retaining the the stock front motor layout and chassis and balancing with some weight for wood/copper tape track use.
I will be aiming for the cars to sit a little lower using this picture as a guideline.

   
[+] 3 members Like Savage GT's post
Quote

Having been impressed with the Revoslot Porsches above for their excellent stock handling around my track, I had to consider adding some more to my fleet :)
The Ferrari F40 is one of my all time favourite cars, and although I wasn't so sure the rear end looked right in pictures, the forthcoming IGOL livery was enough to make me cave in and pre-order it. 
Of course it needs a running mate and it had to be red, but my first choice "Unisys" liivery is sold out, so instead this arrived today:

   

I have to say all my thoughts about the rear end proportions in the pics were forgotten when I opened the box, the model looks exquisite  Heart  
I cant wait for the IGOL one now  Sun

Edit: - I am guessing for licensing reasons RS can not use the Ferrari logo on the model, but their is a small decal sheet included to fix that  ;)
[+] 3 members Like Savage GT's post
Quote

Black wheels and a red body...doesn't get much better!

Also one of my favourite real cars.

I love puttering with gears
Quote

OK, I know I have made a rod for my own back, should know better, and will likely curse myself for buying something that no doubt will need a lot of time and work to even get respectable handling on my wood track, but I tried resisting and obviously failed !
Yes they do look a bit narrow to my eyes (but that is not an unknown Scalextric "feature") and the stripe doesn't align over the front arches correctly, but tbh that looks worse in some pics than it does in the flesh.
And somehow I need the wheels to sit further up into the arches, something that wont be easy given another pet hate of mine ... the chassis has the lower half body detail attached.

But all of these thing I knew before buying, and still my will power wasn't up to the job of resisting. There is no hope for me  Bigsmile

   
[+] 3 members Like Savage GT's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Henk
6th-Jan-26, 07:37 AM
Last Post by Kevan
3rd-Oct-24, 09:59 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)