8th-Sep-20, 12:57 PM
(8th-Sep-20, 10:33 AM)woodcote Wrote: I think 3D printing has been fabulous for our hobby and there's still plenty of scope for producing spares on demand that I don't think has been tapped yet.
Another avenue of 3D printing I've used is Andi Rowland's 'ARCO' chassis to convert Scalextric, SRC, Fly and scratch-built classic F1s to use the Policar drivetrain. These small chassis attach to the Policar motor pod. They are produced via Shapeways and cost £16 (plus shipping) or £13 for the unfinished white plastic. Not cheap, but a fabulous option to produce a grid of F1 cars that will race against each other with the same Policar drive train. Again, a Lotus 78 I built to race did cost more than a RTR Policar F1 - and that was including a budget £15 Fly donor car. I did it because I really wanted to, not because it was a cheap option. Great fun to drive and it is competitive...
Back to the Pendle chassis... These are racing chassis produced by Area 71 Slotcars in Milan. The Area 71 1/32 scale car kits are 70 Euros for chassis and body and are squarely aimed at serious racers with a comfortable budget. That's the area of the market Pendles have decided to pitch their Revoslot plastic option. That won't be the only market they are looking at for the PSR 3D print shop. Pendles also produce 3D printed parts to convert the Penelope Pitlane F1 bodies to use the Policar drivetrain and - I suspect - will be producing 3D printed chassis for some of their other resin bodies. I'm very much looking forward to see how the PSR 3D Print Shop develops.
I completely agree that there is a lot more potential in 3D printing. I have used Amato chassis and been very pleased with them.
I have also used Andi Rowlands chassis for Policar F1 conversions and have been pleased with those as well. A Policar conversion for a Fly F1 is expensive mainly because you have to buy a complete Fly car and I have been happy to put my hand in my pocket when I have wanted a particular car.
I hadn't realised that the various plastic colours on the Shapeways site offer different levels of hardness. I just assumed that you paid extra money for dyeing the plastic and some colours were easier to dye than others. I did notice today that there is a link at the bottom of the page that explains the different types of plastic and I will have a read before I order anything else.
My only reservation with the Pendle Revoslot cars is just how much faster will they be than a well prepared standard Slotit or NSR car which can be bought for considerably less than the kit price for the Pendle cars. I wish Pendle's all the luck in the World but until I have seen one racing and can gauge just how good they are I won't be parting with my cash to buy one.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)