Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

1965 Ford Galaxie 1/24 Scale
#1

I think this one was even harder work than the Allard. I intended to use a Dynamic chassis with a General Electric motor - a big brute of a motor for a big brute of a car - but I couldn't get the Dynaflex motor mount apart to replace the springs with tube to stop the rear axle tramping. A 36D was the next choice so refurbished a K&B Bobcat with a nice yellow can to match the body colour but couldn't find a pinion to fit a 36D shaft so eventually went with a 26D.

 The only kit I could get was a 66 Galaxie by AMT which is from a very old mould so loads of flash to clean up and loads of metal trim detail moulded into the body sides which I sanded out. 
 The wheels inserts are made from the standard road car wheels from the kit which also included 2 or 3 other sets of chromed wheels that will probably come in handy for other builds. The whole wheel should be black but I thought the polished rims looked better. Decals by Gofer Racing are very thin but went on very well and with a bit of care were fine with Tamiya clear coat. Driver is vacform body and resin head from a George Turner Mini. 

 No idea how it goes as I can't test until club reopens but I suspect it will need a brass plate underneath to calm it down a bit.

   

   

   
[+] 6 members Like autoavia's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
1965 Ford Galaxie 1/24 Scale - by autoavia - 29th-Aug-20, 08:47 AM
I just take the springs out and - by Gordon Steadman - 29th-Aug-20, 01:22 PM
RE: 1965 Ford Galaxie 1/24 Scale - by chrisguyw - 29th-Aug-20, 04:58 PM
RE: 1965 Ford Galaxie 1/24 Scale - by autoavia - 1st-Sep-20, 03:31 PM
RE: 1965 Ford Galaxie 1/24 Scale - by chrisguyw - 1st-Sep-20, 06:02 PM
GT Sprite - by GT Sprite - 29th-Aug-20, 07:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
9th-Jul-25, 02:34 PM
Last Post by KensRedZed
13th-Jan-25, 01:49 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed
23rd-Jun-24, 01:06 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed
26th-Jul-23, 10:30 PM
Last Post by mickey thumbs
4th-Jul-23, 01:19 AM
Last Post by HWP
2nd-Nov-22, 01:09 AM
Last Post by Fluff
20th-Jun-21, 02:30 AM
Last Post by JasonB
21st-Jan-21, 03:01 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)