Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Scalextric The Genius of Colin Chapman - Team Lotus Triple Pack
#3

The Scalextric Team were saying last year that the 2020 catalogue would be more representative of what they wanted every year to look like. What they've given us this year in 1/32 scale is new tooling for 11 new models - including the Tyrrell P34 - plus half a new model in the Tyrrell 001, which I presume is essentially the old 002/3 tooling. That's a triple pack in the bag already - "The Dogged Determination of Ken Tyrrell" - 001, 002 or 003 and P34.

Here's a peek of the 001 pre-production model...

   

The 001 is also due Winter 2020-21. Not sure there is a definite pre-Christmas arrangement with Santa, although I reckon there might be.

Given that Hornby are delivering pretty much on time, despite the pandemic - and Scalextric seems to be selling very well this year - I expect the 2021 catalogue to match this year's. Given the F1 Legends series is so popular, I'd hope to see one or two new models, plus a return of some of the previous models in new liveries - either as individual cars or in themed twin or triple packs. I remember the Scalextric Team saying that some Scalextric moulds were junked by the previous management's horrific act of cultural vandalism. I don't remember the specifics, but some Legends may have gone and some will have survived. I guess we'll see.

If I was going to make one wish, I'd like to see a Shadow DN1 - it's a stunning car with the options of the iconic black UOP and the white Embassy Hill liveries. There would be the potential for a Graham Hill pack at some point - especially if a BRM P57 was added to the range. That seems to have turned into two wishes!
[+] 3 members Like woodcote's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Scalextric The Genius of Colin Chapman - Team Lotus Triple Pack - by woodcote - 19th-Aug-20, 10:07 AM
RE: Scalextric The Genius of Colin Chapman - Team Lotus Triple Pack - by Anthony B - 20th-Aug-20, 02:31 PM
RE: Scalextric The Genius of Colin Chapman - Team Lotus Triple Pack - by woodcote - 21st-Aug-20, 09:59 AM
RE: Scalextric The Genius of Colin Chapman - Team Lotus Triple Pack - by woodcote - 12th-Sep-20, 01:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
2nd-Apr-26, 02:15 PM
Last Post by Kevan
3rd-Mar-26, 03:12 PM
Last Post by woodcote
27th-Feb-25, 05:02 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)