23rd-Jul-20, 12:07 PM
Indeed
I am sure plenty of small liberties are taken. But I am certain an air-cooled VW engine would be required in a Beetle. I also get the strong impression most of the owners are extremely proud of the authenticity of their cars. In the old days when much more of the paddock was open, they’d tell you - in detail - how they’d lovingly restored the cars (or paid someone to do it for them) and the exact provenance of the chassis. Some of the classes are rather more professional now, with no owner in sight. I do still very much enjoy hanging out around the saloon cars and the tiny 500cc single-seaters, plus the bikes.
I am sure plenty of small liberties are taken. But I am certain an air-cooled VW engine would be required in a Beetle. I also get the strong impression most of the owners are extremely proud of the authenticity of their cars. In the old days when much more of the paddock was open, they’d tell you - in detail - how they’d lovingly restored the cars (or paid someone to do it for them) and the exact provenance of the chassis. Some of the classes are rather more professional now, with no owner in sight. I do still very much enjoy hanging out around the saloon cars and the tiny 500cc single-seaters, plus the bikes.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)