21st-Jul-20, 02:48 PM
(21st-Jul-20, 01:31 PM)abie321 Wrote: Can see you have never tried Gord - for most people just hitting the ball is a miracleAh well......when I was much, much younger, I used to run mortgage centres for a major Building Society in the UK. It was expected that one would socialise with clients and the norm was playing golf. Now I am not a particularly sociable person, in fact probably anti-social so it was a bit of an effort for me.![]()
![]()
![]()
However, there is one character trait that was with me then even as it is with me now. I rather enjoy winning. So when it became necessary, I snuck off to a professional and had some lessons. Before I could put it all to much use though, I left the company to be my own boss!! Not much call for golf in the Interior Design industry in Suffolk!
Anyway, recently, Ronnie decided that she would like to try it and we bought some clubs and trotted off to the local links. We started with a few lessons just to see how she got on and I had a few swings. I put three right over the far boundary of the short green they use for training and she stared daggers at me "I thought you said you haven't played for thirty years!" "Just luck" I said.
The clubs have remained in the corner of her sewing room ever since and, perhaps for different reasons, neither of us have felt moved to use them again. It's not a game that I can see myself enjoying particularly. When it comes to ball games, squash and tennis were always my thing.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)