21st-Jul-20, 01:30 PM
GTM Fiat Kit:
I put this up first on a FB page showing work in progress, and one comment that cam back was ' with all that flash I am glad I did not buy it.
This distresses me as the detail is absolutely outstaning and anyone who has EVER attempted casting your own stuff, you will know how difficult it is. The flashing is necessary to be able to cast the 'pole' detail of the carrier, and to ensure that it all casts with no holes or bubbles.
The flashing came off easily with a dremel and a cutting disk. SO do NOT let that put you off:
The start of the build:
All that flash
Then the primer. The cast is so good that no holes were anywhere, and it all fitted together.
Then a couple of days later and where I am at the moment - all painted yellow. Need to let it dry for a few days so that when I mask it for the blue, the paint stays.
I put this up first on a FB page showing work in progress, and one comment that cam back was ' with all that flash I am glad I did not buy it.
This distresses me as the detail is absolutely outstaning and anyone who has EVER attempted casting your own stuff, you will know how difficult it is. The flashing is necessary to be able to cast the 'pole' detail of the carrier, and to ensure that it all casts with no holes or bubbles.
The flashing came off easily with a dremel and a cutting disk. SO do NOT let that put you off:
The start of the build:
All that flash
Then the primer. The cast is so good that no holes were anywhere, and it all fitted together.
Then a couple of days later and where I am at the moment - all painted yellow. Need to let it dry for a few days so that when I mask it for the blue, the paint stays.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)