5th-Jun-20, 06:28 AM
(5th-Jun-20, 12:16 AM)slotloco Wrote: Feel free to flee silicons as if they had black plague...
Thanks!
Interesting read.
My view on silicones was obviously related to direct experience and no knowledge whatsoever. Back in the 60's during a 24 hour race one team put some on their car and everyone else complained immediately about lack of grip. We were all on sponge with wintergreen. Now I know why but I still hate them because last year at Bordo, during my first heat, the car was terrific and I won the heat going away. Then I went onto the lane where the guy who came second had been on. No grip whatsoever and I didn't win that heat or subsequent ones either as I followed him around the lanes. The track there bans any treatment so it was just the silicone versus urethane problem.
They don't normally allow silicones but the rules are relaxed for the December meet and they clean the track afterwards.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)