23rd-May-20, 07:13 PM
Spent a bit of time looking at what little bits came with the motor pod, and what I had in stock, and came up with this arrangement (for now...)
So having swapped springs around and felt what difference it made to the feel of the chassis, I went for the medium strength springs mid-ships to do the main work, and softer ones at the rear to work with the guide tabs. The front pivot utilises a MrSlotcar damping kit.
There are a few clips and braces left in the pack, but it is short on the bolts that would allow me to do this...
And when you look at it for a while, you start to see how the clips will tie the various elements of the chassis together to allow you to tune it front to back, and side to side.
Also fitted a Surechange guide, as it would be difficult to find an obvious place to drill a hole for the IR LED. Looking forward to seeing how that works.
And finally, very pleased that the gear I wanted to use was lime green; goes well with the orange chassis!
So having swapped springs around and felt what difference it made to the feel of the chassis, I went for the medium strength springs mid-ships to do the main work, and softer ones at the rear to work with the guide tabs. The front pivot utilises a MrSlotcar damping kit.
There are a few clips and braces left in the pack, but it is short on the bolts that would allow me to do this...
And when you look at it for a while, you start to see how the clips will tie the various elements of the chassis together to allow you to tune it front to back, and side to side.
Also fitted a Surechange guide, as it would be difficult to find an obvious place to drill a hole for the IR LED. Looking forward to seeing how that works.
And finally, very pleased that the gear I wanted to use was lime green; goes well with the orange chassis!
I love puttering with gears

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)