19th-Apr-20, 12:15 PM
The Richmond Trophy
Was reviewing how to fit a chip to my Cartrix Ferrari F555 when I noticed that the pinion gear was jamming on the crown gear on the same spot each turn. So I took off the pinion gear to try and work out what was causing the interference. During my investigations with my modelling knife (C+H Fabrics Starter Kit) I managed to split the gear on the casting joint. So...
So my query is...
Am I allowed to install a 9t brass pinion on the existing motor, and if not, which endbell drive motor can I fit?
(Or does anyone know where I can get a plastic 9t pinion to suit a 1.5mm dia shaft)
Cheers
Was reviewing how to fit a chip to my Cartrix Ferrari F555 when I noticed that the pinion gear was jamming on the crown gear on the same spot each turn. So I took off the pinion gear to try and work out what was causing the interference. During my investigations with my modelling knife (C+H Fabrics Starter Kit) I managed to split the gear on the casting joint. So...
- Tried fitting a spare Scalextric 9t pinion, but it seems the motor has a 1.5mm shaft so the gear was too big
- Looked up 1.5mm 9t pinion on PSR and the only ones are brass, which is not allowed in the rules (?).
- Thought I would fit a spare Scalextric motor with 2mm pinion, but the Cartix motor is endbell drive, so it seems the regulation Scalextric 18k Mabuchi motor will not fit into the chassis.
- Went on PSR and their own brand endbell drive Mabuchi motor is listed as 16k, so too slow.
- The only motor on PSR that fits the shape and speed rating is a SRP S-Can Speed18 Motor 18000rpm 12v Can & Endbell-Drive 2.0mm
So my query is...
Am I allowed to install a 9t brass pinion on the existing motor, and if not, which endbell drive motor can I fit?
(Or does anyone know where I can get a plastic 9t pinion to suit a 1.5mm dia shaft)
Cheers

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)