13th-Apr-20, 04:44 PM
Hi Al, In the above post, I said that I was using a 15.5mm spur in conjunction with a 4.5mm pinion, and was able to achieve adequate clearance when using an 050 motor in a sidewinder configuration..........I just checked, and I was mistaken......
I in fact used a 4.5mm pinion with a 16.5mm spur (both form MRSlotcar) sorry for my error !!
That said, you can see in the attached pic. that there is ample clearance (even with a 4.5mm pinion).....so, if you utliized a 10/11T 6.5mm pinion, coupled with a 29/30T 15.5mm spur, or a 30/31T 16.5mm spur you would have plenty of motor/axle clearance, which would negate the need to solder the axle tube to the back of the can (not a great idea with these motors). All of these gears/sizes are available from MRslotcar......and all are made by Sonic, one of the premier slotcar gear manufacturers in the world, so, they are outstanding quality.
Cheers
Chris Walker
I in fact used a 4.5mm pinion with a 16.5mm spur (both form MRSlotcar) sorry for my error !!
That said, you can see in the attached pic. that there is ample clearance (even with a 4.5mm pinion).....so, if you utliized a 10/11T 6.5mm pinion, coupled with a 29/30T 15.5mm spur, or a 30/31T 16.5mm spur you would have plenty of motor/axle clearance, which would negate the need to solder the axle tube to the back of the can (not a great idea with these motors). All of these gears/sizes are available from MRslotcar......and all are made by Sonic, one of the premier slotcar gear manufacturers in the world, so, they are outstanding quality.
Cheers
Chris Walker

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)