3rd-Mar-20, 12:39 PM
Related to the slot racer's manual thread.
I stopped racing around 1974/5 after having been doing just about nothing else since I was thirteen (1960) including studying, attending every school lesson etc
I returned four or five years ago I was surprised how hard it was to get back up to speed with what was happening. The main problem was where to source parts, especially as my heart is still in the sixties and the cars we used to race back then. It was only by joining a forum (SFI) that thing slowly took shape and the help provided there was invaluable.
If there had been a clear map on how to get started / restarted, it would have been useful rather than the wallowing around I had to do.
I stopped racing around 1974/5 after having been doing just about nothing else since I was thirteen (1960) including studying, attending every school lesson etc
I returned four or five years ago I was surprised how hard it was to get back up to speed with what was happening. The main problem was where to source parts, especially as my heart is still in the sixties and the cars we used to race back then. It was only by joining a forum (SFI) that thing slowly took shape and the help provided there was invaluable.
If there had been a clear map on how to get started / restarted, it would have been useful rather than the wallowing around I had to do.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)