3rd-Mar-20, 10:09 AM
I think the manufacturing process and the book reviews would both make absolutely excellent forum threads in themselves. I’d like to see the Manual stay concise, but with links to more detailed content - on this site and elsewhere. That way, it remains useful for people reasonably new to the hobby. I think the idea is more Quick Start Guide than an encyclopaedia.
I am sure Scalextric would help with an article about the development of their models - although all the info is in the James May BBC documentary and the final chapter of last year’s Hornby Hobbies ‘bookazine’. Comparing that with a smaller manufacturer would be interesting.
As for slot car books - that’s a perfect forum thread that we can all contribute to. I can think of my personal top five (or ten) and a few sentences to write about each.
I am sure Scalextric would help with an article about the development of their models - although all the info is in the James May BBC documentary and the final chapter of last year’s Hornby Hobbies ‘bookazine’. Comparing that with a smaller manufacturer would be interesting.
As for slot car books - that’s a perfect forum thread that we can all contribute to. I can think of my personal top five (or ten) and a few sentences to write about each.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)