5th-Feb-20, 05:24 PM
Hi
Attached sketch shows how the joints align and are locked in place. The dowel pegs are slightly tapered at the ends to gain initial rough alignment and guidance, so when the coach bolts pull the boards together the dowel tightens, this brings everything true.
If I was doing this again I would use hardwood for the interlocking battens rather than the pine I used.
As the copper tape wraps over the edge of the MDF board the achieves continuity but this is not reliable so I back this up with additional multi pin plugs between each board.
The cars I use are 1/32 of various manufacturers for GT, F1 and saloons etc
Attached sketch shows how the joints align and are locked in place. The dowel pegs are slightly tapered at the ends to gain initial rough alignment and guidance, so when the coach bolts pull the boards together the dowel tightens, this brings everything true.
If I was doing this again I would use hardwood for the interlocking battens rather than the pine I used.
As the copper tape wraps over the edge of the MDF board the achieves continuity but this is not reliable so I back this up with additional multi pin plugs between each board.
The cars I use are 1/32 of various manufacturers for GT, F1 and saloons etc

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)