30th-Jan-20, 05:31 PM
(30th-Jan-20, 01:33 PM)BourneAgainRacer Wrote: Re-reading the original review with the footnotes, you seem to have a very good handle as to how to get the best out of the Home Series chassis.
So with regards your comment on adapting the chassis to take a pod, I was interested that you made reference to introducing a Slot.it pod rather than Scaleauto one. Is this because it then opens up the car to having SI components fitted rather than (inferior?) SA ones?
I was more interested in realising that it IS the same base chassis as used in their "Racing" version.
ScaleAuto made their chassis to match 4 screw Slot.it fixing points, the mounts are the same.
It's an easy reference point in general - as the Slot.it pod is also used in Sideways Group 5 cars for instance, and I think a couple more brands also use the Slot.it pod dimensions for their chassis.
Slot.it also have a much wider range of pods than ScaleAuto and they are easier to source, so I referred to these in the review as they are well known and an easy solution to readers; as not a lot of companies stock ScaleAuto parts in UK.
I'll whack up a review of a ScaleAuto podded version of the car soon

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)