29th-Jan-20, 06:38 PM
All the hobby makers make their cars with quite light bodies, and wings on GT3 cars are generally large and exposed. I tend to open my mounts in the bodies up a little so they are loose, and held in place with something tacky.
But having driven a combination of this and the Mercedes for over a year of GT3 class racing at club, I am not sure of your complaint about the bodies not being strong enough.
As we race on wood track, deslots tend to be at acute angles to sidewalls, so we don't often have cars hit hard into the wood barriers - they tend to slide along.
I have some cars which have done several years service, only minus mirrors and aerials.
Magnet racing a while different story. On/Off, and car damage high for all brands - I have "exploded" a Ninco Mosler in the old days.
But having driven a combination of this and the Mercedes for over a year of GT3 class racing at club, I am not sure of your complaint about the bodies not being strong enough.
As we race on wood track, deslots tend to be at acute angles to sidewalls, so we don't often have cars hit hard into the wood barriers - they tend to slide along.
I have some cars which have done several years service, only minus mirrors and aerials.
Magnet racing a while different story. On/Off, and car damage high for all brands - I have "exploded" a Ninco Mosler in the old days.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)