28th-Jan-20, 04:13 PM
Yes, Leo - with such a vast catalogue, you'd think there would be something for everyone... but nothing rally or off-road. The old 1/43 scale Super Rally set is still in there, plus the two individual 2015 DS3 cars - but exactly the same liveries as in the set. Thankfully other smaller manufacturers produce some nice classic rally cars - but there is a dearth of modern WRC models in 1/32 scale.
The highlight of the catalogue is almost certainly the Lola T70 in 1/24 scale. It goes perfectly with the Ferrari 512s and Porsche 917s. Overall it's a good range. One day - maybe this year - I'm going to try out Carrera's 1/24 scale offerings and that Penske Lola is top of my list.
In 1/32 there are some nice re-liveries, especially for the Porsche 911 RSR and the Huracán. Great to see the early 1970s Nascars back - and the Capri. As expected, there'll be new Scalextric and Carrera Aston Martin Vantages competing for people's hard-earned in 2020 - Carrera have gone straight for the GTE liveries, which I think is a great move. I'm really not sure about either the Porsche 935 GT2 or the Mustang GTY though. On my wish list - probably one (or more?) of those Nascars. To race, of course. They are enormous - and enormous fun to race. I do like that Orange 1 Huracán. And those very lovely Porsche 911 RSRs too. Shame our GT racing is Scalextric-only.
In 1/43 scale... Where did that Viper SRT come from? I like it. But I might not like it so much when its nose is undercut for the banked-curve compatibility. And I am devastated that Chick Hicks has been axed from the range. What did he do wrong? Were the Hostile Takeover Bank licensing costs out of Carrera's league?
The highlight of the catalogue is almost certainly the Lola T70 in 1/24 scale. It goes perfectly with the Ferrari 512s and Porsche 917s. Overall it's a good range. One day - maybe this year - I'm going to try out Carrera's 1/24 scale offerings and that Penske Lola is top of my list.
In 1/32 there are some nice re-liveries, especially for the Porsche 911 RSR and the Huracán. Great to see the early 1970s Nascars back - and the Capri. As expected, there'll be new Scalextric and Carrera Aston Martin Vantages competing for people's hard-earned in 2020 - Carrera have gone straight for the GTE liveries, which I think is a great move. I'm really not sure about either the Porsche 935 GT2 or the Mustang GTY though. On my wish list - probably one (or more?) of those Nascars. To race, of course. They are enormous - and enormous fun to race. I do like that Orange 1 Huracán. And those very lovely Porsche 911 RSRs too. Shame our GT racing is Scalextric-only.
In 1/43 scale... Where did that Viper SRT come from? I like it. But I might not like it so much when its nose is undercut for the banked-curve compatibility. And I am devastated that Chick Hicks has been axed from the range. What did he do wrong? Were the Hostile Takeover Bank licensing costs out of Carrera's league?

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)