30th-Nov-19, 06:46 PM
Hello Bri,
I don't have any R2 Inner Borders, but I have tried placing a set of R1 curves inside the START R2 and they fit perfectly, both the curvature and the level. After taking the photo below, I placed the track on a flat parquet floor and the level/height matched perfectly.
So this new START stuff seems to have been designed to the same dimensions as SPORT (and Classic/Plexytrack).
It would be great to know what Hornby's strategy is but I don't suppose they will tell us. Perhaps after the Christmas sales run out they might then announce changes, but they won't want to put peeps off buying the old stuff - Grr!
In this photo, the START sections are obvious from the wider rails and fitment.
Have used START track sections only a few times in the past two/three years and not had any issues with connectivity but its early days.
Leo
I don't have any R2 Inner Borders, but I have tried placing a set of R1 curves inside the START R2 and they fit perfectly, both the curvature and the level. After taking the photo below, I placed the track on a flat parquet floor and the level/height matched perfectly.
So this new START stuff seems to have been designed to the same dimensions as SPORT (and Classic/Plexytrack).
It would be great to know what Hornby's strategy is but I don't suppose they will tell us. Perhaps after the Christmas sales run out they might then announce changes, but they won't want to put peeps off buying the old stuff - Grr!
In this photo, the START sections are obvious from the wider rails and fitment.
Have used START track sections only a few times in the past two/three years and not had any issues with connectivity but its early days.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)