28th-Nov-19, 11:24 AM
Excellent stuff Leo! Thanks for sharing the video - interested by the info in the START leaflet that the other two sets are much bigger. That's what I understood was the point of the START sets for the USA - much more track at a much lower price point than is possible with a Sport set.
That is also superb that the curves are the standard Sport dimensions and in 45-degree pieces. That lack of geometric compatibility was always my biggest bugbear with START. Now it works for me as a starter set concept that can be upgraded with more START sets or Sport sets, track packs etc. I do think it is potentially confusing as a separate system - the choice of Sport and Micro is enough - and I suspect that's why START sets don't appear on either the UK or US Scalextric sites.
That is also superb that the curves are the standard Sport dimensions and in 45-degree pieces. That lack of geometric compatibility was always my biggest bugbear with START. Now it works for me as a starter set concept that can be upgraded with more START sets or Sport sets, track packs etc. I do think it is potentially confusing as a separate system - the choice of Sport and Micro is enough - and I suspect that's why START sets don't appear on either the UK or US Scalextric sites.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)