28th-Nov-19, 10:52 AM
I was intrigued to see the track images which showed 45 degree curve sections whereas previously only 90 degree sections had been available in the Start format. The new curves implied a second generation of the Start track and as a big fan of this type I decided to buy a "Formula Challenge" set. The Robert Dyas on-line portal was the only place I could find the set and I couldn't find any global trace of the Rally nor the Endurance set. Scalextric do not list these sets on their UK amd USA web sites so its a bit of yet another Marketing Mystery.
When the set arrived, I found that yes indeed all the track in the box has the Start format of rigid plastic, insultaed rails and easy assembly and disassembly.
With delight I realised that the 45degree curves are in fact the same radius as the equivalent Sport curves and therefore the available borders fit. So it seems like Hornby have re-thought the Start system and with any luck will continue its production with more track sections becoming available. As far as I can tell, most if not all of the plastic track systems on the market are now rigid so perhaps Hornby are aligning to that position.
However, just in case this a moment of madness for Hornby and not a well thought-through plan, I have purchased a second set as assembling a twisty rally track is now possible ...
Big thanks to Andy/Woodcote for informing us about the new Scalextric stuff.
Leo
Unboxing video available here -
Apologies for too many "um"s.
When the set arrived, I found that yes indeed all the track in the box has the Start format of rigid plastic, insultaed rails and easy assembly and disassembly.
With delight I realised that the 45degree curves are in fact the same radius as the equivalent Sport curves and therefore the available borders fit. So it seems like Hornby have re-thought the Start system and with any luck will continue its production with more track sections becoming available. As far as I can tell, most if not all of the plastic track systems on the market are now rigid so perhaps Hornby are aligning to that position.
However, just in case this a moment of madness for Hornby and not a well thought-through plan, I have purchased a second set as assembling a twisty rally track is now possible ...
Big thanks to Andy/Woodcote for informing us about the new Scalextric stuff.
Leo
Unboxing video available here -
Apologies for too many "um"s.
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)