22nd-Nov-19, 11:11 AM
What an extremely odd decision to make.
Apart from some slightly better rigidity there is no advantage I can see to the START track.
The surface isn't grippy, there are no guardrails or run off borders available, the geometry doesn't match up with SPORT track.
Seriously, what is the point?
I can only imagine if they have literally TONS of stock lying around that they have to get rid of that this makes sense but otherwise it seems like a waste of money as it will surely frustrate the customer.
That said, on the picture on the package the connector looks more like SPORT than the old START:
![[Image: scalextric_track_types_be954ab6-6115-472...1541184041]](https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1313/2563/files/scalextric_track_types_be954ab6-6115-472e-aca1-aa13498039a3.jpg?v=1541184041)
Still, begs to question what the slightly wider rail stance has to offer really..
Apart from some slightly better rigidity there is no advantage I can see to the START track.
The surface isn't grippy, there are no guardrails or run off borders available, the geometry doesn't match up with SPORT track.
Seriously, what is the point?
I can only imagine if they have literally TONS of stock lying around that they have to get rid of that this makes sense but otherwise it seems like a waste of money as it will surely frustrate the customer.
That said, on the picture on the package the connector looks more like SPORT than the old START:
![[Image: scalextric_track_types_be954ab6-6115-472...1541184041]](https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1313/2563/files/scalextric_track_types_be954ab6-6115-472e-aca1-aa13498039a3.jpg?v=1541184041)
Still, begs to question what the slightly wider rail stance has to offer really..

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)