30th-Mar-26, 08:54 AM
(29th-Mar-26, 02:41 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote: Hello Steam,
The irony/relevance did seem lost when I ran the "EV Triathlon" a few years ago. Not many people rushed to enter :-(
I had considered a follow up event that would include the Formula E cars from Carrera and Scalextric but at that time the environmental benefits of EVs were being questioned so I abandoned the idea.
Leo
EV Triathlon
"questioned" ... when the evidence is plan to see... There is so much FUD /Dear Uncertainty and Doubt) about EVs and renewables out there it almost makes me sick...
I will never ever force someone to drive something they don't want but when people come with total and utter nonsense about EVs being "worse" they can never ever produce verifiable. peer-reviewed evidence...
BTW: Just did two weekends of traveling over 1000 KM in a Skoda Enyaq half of which pulling a trailer with a motorcycle on it. No charging issues (all pull-through chargers, no detaching the trailer or waiting) , supposedly always 100% renewable (I am a bit skeptical about that...) and with barely any added time as I am now past 50 and have to stop every 2 hours anyway... I was easily passing trucks and other SUVs on the uphill parts clipping along nicely at 100 KPH as the dino-juice farters lost their torque... Driving an EV for towing is actually a LOT easier than with ICE...
We have 2 BEVs and they get charged 90% of the time from the sun (yes, even in winter). It isn't that hard.
They aren't perfect and not for everybody but for most people, most of the time and in most places they are more than adequate.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)