Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

1941 Willys
#1

                           
I always had an affinity for the '41 Willys. I built a plastic model of the 'Stone, Woods and Cook' A-gasser as a youngster and would just stare at it and imagine driving and wrenching on it! Maybe my parents didn't realize it but dreaming about this and other things kept me out of trouble, lol.

I found this 'printed' body and bits on eeebay. I think it's my 1st experience with this type of manufacturing process. The 'stepped' layers were a royal pain to eliminate. Metal files had to be used. Only later did I learn acetone soaked cloth (?) could be used to smooth it. The chassis is brass. A Slottecknic digital chip and home made LED lights were added. The colors and graphics are spurious. Acrylic floor polish gives the decals protection and makes everything nice and shiney!
[+] 6 members Like ARUP's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
1941 Willys - by ARUP - 15th-Feb-25, 01:33 PM
RE: 1941 Willys - by ARUP - 15th-Feb-25, 01:35 PM
RE: 1941 Willys - by Kevan - 15th-Feb-25, 01:44 PM
RE: 1941 Willys - by mickey thumbs - 17th-Feb-25, 02:11 AM
RE: 1941 Willys - by ARUP - 18th-Feb-25, 01:09 AM
RE: 1941 Willys - by mickey thumbs - 18th-Feb-25, 03:31 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)