8th-Feb-25, 08:08 PM
(8th-Feb-25, 06:55 PM)Kevan Wrote: The speeds they travel at are actual speeds, I've never believed in 'scale speed' as we race full size model plastic cars, no part of which is scaled down from anything bigger...it might LOOK similar to a 1:1 version but that's all that's scale, the looks.
If you built a car twice the size of a 1:1 car does that mean it's 'scale speed' is only half?...it's a daft notion, speed is speed.
I suppose .. but my eyes tell me a different story watching slot cars circulate a track & imagining that in a full size car / full size track of same layout & distance.
A cursory search reveals endless point-counterpoint discussions on the subject.
The Guinness World Record committee appears to recognize scale speeds of slot cars. In error apparently in the opinion of more than just a few.
https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/wor...t-slot-car
Anyway , I balanced my wheels.
.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)