24th-Sep-19, 12:54 PM
Believe it or not, this is the first ever F1 car I have done. Never had an RTR either.
All those enclosed bodies let you hide the works and concentrate on the bodywork.
Suddenly, the are mechanical bits in the way. Quite how best to integrate the gears into all the gubbins at the back becomes a bit of a problem.
As next years Bordo theme is open wheelers, I thought I'd better have a practice before attempting something that would pass muster in the concours. Hasegawa kit is pretty good. Only just enough room to squeeze a 16D in so the chassis rails have to be really tight to the motor and most of the strength at the back is down to the motor, fixed both ends.
Not too bad actually but you have to face the fact that some stuff just can't be hidden. The red circle is just resting there on the second pic. The transfers (decals) were not great. The material is a bit thick and didn't adhere at all. I must get some decal softener or try the vinegar solution. I'll do some for Colin's (Wraith) next order anyway. His seem much more flexible.
All those enclosed bodies let you hide the works and concentrate on the bodywork.
Suddenly, the are mechanical bits in the way. Quite how best to integrate the gears into all the gubbins at the back becomes a bit of a problem.
As next years Bordo theme is open wheelers, I thought I'd better have a practice before attempting something that would pass muster in the concours. Hasegawa kit is pretty good. Only just enough room to squeeze a 16D in so the chassis rails have to be really tight to the motor and most of the strength at the back is down to the motor, fixed both ends.
Not too bad actually but you have to face the fact that some stuff just can't be hidden. The red circle is just resting there on the second pic. The transfers (decals) were not great. The material is a bit thick and didn't adhere at all. I must get some decal softener or try the vinegar solution. I'll do some for Colin's (Wraith) next order anyway. His seem much more flexible.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)