18th-Aug-24, 09:47 AM
Sometimes when you cobble together a car from parts - it just comes out well!!!
A few years ago I bought a bag of parts containing a Cheetah. No Idea of brand - almost looks plastic but I think it is Resin and thus think it is the Bauer kit. I really paid little for it - think the original owner had given up on it.
It had a Carrera cheetah chassis in the bag, that turned out to be tricky to fit. No Interior and no tyres. I really struggled to get any tyres and in searching could not find carrera Cheetah tyres (in europe). SO the ones on it are Carrera Mustang. Not perfect but look ok.
I cobbled together an interior made from a cast of the Cox Cheetah interior and plasticard with my own dashboard that I cast many years ago.
Doesnt look too bad.
Finised decalling last night and realised just how much I liked it. For me this version sits and looks like the real thing. I have the strombecker and Cox versions and to me this looks the bees knees!!
What do you think??
Start of the work!!
Complete for now (until I find the correct tyres)
Pictured with her cousins!!!
A few years ago I bought a bag of parts containing a Cheetah. No Idea of brand - almost looks plastic but I think it is Resin and thus think it is the Bauer kit. I really paid little for it - think the original owner had given up on it.
It had a Carrera cheetah chassis in the bag, that turned out to be tricky to fit. No Interior and no tyres. I really struggled to get any tyres and in searching could not find carrera Cheetah tyres (in europe). SO the ones on it are Carrera Mustang. Not perfect but look ok.
I cobbled together an interior made from a cast of the Cox Cheetah interior and plasticard with my own dashboard that I cast many years ago.
Doesnt look too bad.
Finised decalling last night and realised just how much I liked it. For me this version sits and looks like the real thing. I have the strombecker and Cox versions and to me this looks the bees knees!!
What do you think??
Start of the work!!
Complete for now (until I find the correct tyres)
Pictured with her cousins!!!

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)