Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Lens Vintage meet 7th Sept - Cars and Race report
#3

Hi - no they are old fibreglass bodies made by the late John Bacon in Australia!! When I first discovered his bodies - you could only buy 10, pay for them and then wait - Mine took up to 10 months to arrive. I ordered every year for 4 years like this as I just had a feeling in my 'waters' that they would not be around forever.

Sadly John did pass on and the sad story is before that happened he destroyed all his moulds - no idea of the story behind that - but very sad none the less.

I downloaded at one stage pics from the net of his track and some of the cars he built. If I remember correctly all the buildings and spectators were hand made as well.

(If anyone has more intimate knowledge - please share)


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
                                   
[+] 4 members Like Anthony B's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Lens Vintage meet 7th Sept - Cars and Race report - by Anthony B - 8th-Aug-24, 06:02 PM
RE: Lens Vintage meet 7th Sept - by chappyman66 - 9th-Aug-24, 08:27 PM
RE: Lens Vintage meet 7th Sept - Build Pics - by Anthony B - 12th-Aug-24, 01:18 PM
RE: Lens Vintage meet 7th Sept - Car choice and set up - by Anthony B - 19th-Aug-24, 11:35 AM
RE: Lens Vintage meet 7th Sept - Cars and Race report - by Anthony B - 11th-Sep-24, 08:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Gpa113
8th-Mar-26, 02:35 PM
Last Post by Kevan
30th-Jul-25, 04:48 PM
Last Post by Makem
4th-Feb-25, 11:47 AM
Last Post by Gpa113
5th-Jan-25, 07:59 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)