7th-Jun-24, 06:55 PM
Good evening everyone
Please can I ask for some advice on the best practice of priming, and painting 3D printed bodyshells.
I have purchased a few, about 50 !!, over the last couple of years, all from the same seller on eBay, who has been excellent in every aspect.
The bodyshells look great, very good detail, but I want to check before starting to get them finished.
I have built plenty of resin kits, and can make them look very good. Spraying is no problem.
All the 3D bodyshells are classic 1960'S, 70's and 80's British models.
Do I need to rub them down with fine wet and dry first? Do they require a different form of primer due to the materials involved.? Any help and advice much appreciated. I normally use Halfords primer and paint.
Thanks
Pip
Please can I ask for some advice on the best practice of priming, and painting 3D printed bodyshells.
I have purchased a few, about 50 !!, over the last couple of years, all from the same seller on eBay, who has been excellent in every aspect.
The bodyshells look great, very good detail, but I want to check before starting to get them finished.
I have built plenty of resin kits, and can make them look very good. Spraying is no problem.
All the 3D bodyshells are classic 1960'S, 70's and 80's British models.
Do I need to rub them down with fine wet and dry first? Do they require a different form of primer due to the materials involved.? Any help and advice much appreciated. I normally use Halfords primer and paint.
Thanks
Pip

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)