2nd-Jun-24, 09:18 PM
With my cars still warm from Wednesday's WHO rally evening, I was up and out the house at 4:30am this morning and made my way to Abergavenny for the Usk Valley round of the Slot Rally GB Championship. I had visited the Abergavenny club once before and had driven most of the eight tracks that made up the round, but had little, if any, finger memory of how to get round them quickly!
Regardless of that, they are a joy to look at and to race round.
But early into the drive there, I realised I had forgotten my 'car tray', the essential piece of equipment that every professional slot rally entrant uses to carry their cars round between tracks. No problem...Costa Coffee at the Leigh Delamere services on the M4 to the rescue!
So I was teamed up with Alan, Dave and the all conquering Gareth for the day, and it was an education to watch them race similar cars to mine round each circuit much smoother and faster that I was able to. There were a few technical secrets shared, but basically you need to be able to adapt on the hoof and race three or four dissimilar cars back-to-back around each track with no practice laps. So 4 cars x 8 tracks = 32 different driving styles/trigger techniques!
Some of the tracks for the day...
No results online yet, but I think I got three top ten positions out of my four cars, so well pleased with that in that company, and not forgetting the benefit gained from the WHO event a few days before
And it was great to catch up with Slotracer.Online proxy buddies Graham and ClassicChris in the flesh!
Regardless of that, they are a joy to look at and to race round.
But early into the drive there, I realised I had forgotten my 'car tray', the essential piece of equipment that every professional slot rally entrant uses to carry their cars round between tracks. No problem...Costa Coffee at the Leigh Delamere services on the M4 to the rescue!
So I was teamed up with Alan, Dave and the all conquering Gareth for the day, and it was an education to watch them race similar cars to mine round each circuit much smoother and faster that I was able to. There were a few technical secrets shared, but basically you need to be able to adapt on the hoof and race three or four dissimilar cars back-to-back around each track with no practice laps. So 4 cars x 8 tracks = 32 different driving styles/trigger techniques!
Some of the tracks for the day...
No results online yet, but I think I got three top ten positions out of my four cars, so well pleased with that in that company, and not forgetting the benefit gained from the WHO event a few days before
And it was great to catch up with Slotracer.Online proxy buddies Graham and ClassicChris in the flesh!
I love puttering with gears

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)