Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Gaydon Pictures 2024
#5

It was a great day, and at last meeting up and racing (or attempting to) with Andy after the covid years was a real pleasure. I have to remind myself that if it had not been for those unfortunate circumstances of those times, I might never had become involved in proxy slot car racing or Slotracer online at all, and it is thanks to Andy for his encouragement then as indeed now.

In my view it was a great idea for the Goodwood competition, and the theme attracted me sufficient to have a go at Digital racing for the first time, the result was that having got the hang of the track a little when running the Mustangs with the family's and children, I never got to press that "overtake button" when it came to the professional races. My cars were not really "battle worthy" with technical issues one way or the other and my lack of experience, however I enjoyed playing the back marker spoiler role and perhaps next time would be wearing my "hard hat"  Bigsmile 

I was not particularly surprised by the lack of entrants, these things take time to establish themselves, I have participated in every one of the Policar F1 races at Gaydon over the years and it the first year we barely had more than a handful of entrants. This year we had 24 in the Standard class race and 19 in the modified class race, so if the Goodwood track is run again next year I am sure that with more notice you would get more participants.

And like Andy, I spent very little money this time, just went for the racing and entertainment, the chat with old and new friends. But I did buy a coffee and cake  Rofl
[+] 12 members Like Graham's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Gaydon Pictures 2024 - by woodcote - 12th-May-24, 07:55 AM
RE: Gaydon Pictures 2024 - by woodcote - 12th-May-24, 08:24 AM
RE: Gaydon Pictures 2024 - by woodcote - 12th-May-24, 09:07 AM
RE: Gaydon Pictures 2024 - by Gpa113 - 12th-May-24, 12:20 PM
RE: Gaydon Pictures 2024 - by Graham - 12th-May-24, 04:17 PM
RE: Gaydon Pictures 2024 - by Gareth - 12th-May-24, 08:04 PM
RE: Gaydon Pictures 2024 - by woodingboys - 12th-May-24, 11:45 PM
RE: Gaydon Pictures 2024 - by Kevan - 13th-May-24, 06:53 AM
RE: Gaydon Pictures 2024 - by woodingboys - 13th-May-24, 07:35 PM
RE: Gaydon Pictures 2024 - by 964rh - 17th-May-24, 02:23 PM
RE: Gaydon Pictures 2024 - by BAracer - 17th-May-24, 03:23 PM
RE: Gaydon Pictures 2024 - by Kevan - 17th-May-24, 03:48 PM
RE: Gaydon Pictures 2024 - by Graham - 18th-May-24, 08:14 AM
RE: Gaydon Pictures 2024 - by Henk - 19th-May-24, 09:15 AM
RE: Gaydon Pictures 2024 - by rallyhub - 19th-May-24, 08:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
17th-Jun-24, 07:56 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)