3rd-May-24, 08:09 AM
Two key points from Kevan, firstly just because you paid for a file is no guarantee on the resolution, overall quality, or even if the file has mesh errors leading to print failure. Those of us that regularly download body shell files have come across several ‘file creators’ whose work needs a lot of correction before you print and these are best avoided by those not familiar with mesh editing and repair.
Secondly 3d scanning requires practice and patience to get the best out of any scanning system and fundamentally with 3d scanning there is a price point below which the skill level to get a usable scan rises sharply.
I use a Revopoint Mini scanner which is capable of producing accurate and usable scans if you set up correctly. The model to be scanned needs a matt white finish and be mounted on a turntable (supplied) to rotate the model 360 degrees at a steady speed to get all the features. Sometimes this need two scans at different angles (the scanner is on a tripod adjustable for height and angle) and then use software to weld the two files together.
Last comment, I printed the Falcon 65 with minimal tweaking (I added body posts and a front bib spoiler to hide the chassis rails) and it prints fine as below shown straight off the printer.
Cheers
John
Secondly 3d scanning requires practice and patience to get the best out of any scanning system and fundamentally with 3d scanning there is a price point below which the skill level to get a usable scan rises sharply.
I use a Revopoint Mini scanner which is capable of producing accurate and usable scans if you set up correctly. The model to be scanned needs a matt white finish and be mounted on a turntable (supplied) to rotate the model 360 degrees at a steady speed to get all the features. Sometimes this need two scans at different angles (the scanner is on a tripod adjustable for height and angle) and then use software to weld the two files together.
Last comment, I printed the Falcon 65 with minimal tweaking (I added body posts and a front bib spoiler to hide the chassis rails) and it prints fine as below shown straight off the printer.
Cheers
John
Mr Fit for Function.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)