27th-Apr-24, 11:31 AM
Oh the irony.....
Reading through the forum I found John May's 3d spray booth turntable. Just what I need right now for a fleet of Mustangs that need painting :-)
Download STL, pop it into Bambu printer app, Slice the model, check for any need for supports (none needed) and hit print......
Doh.... forgot I still had the cool plate (smooth base) in the printer.... 80% of the print was successful, but the small pegs didn't stick.
Also the base suffered a bit of warping due to lack of adhesion and the cooling fan....
Something I had not seen on my printer before.
Operator error....
Change to PEI textured plate, delete the components that have printed fine and hit print.
Use different colour because I am getting a hexadecimal error in the printer screen, which refers to the filament feed..... (never seen before).
Hmmm, strange the initial test strip of print that is done at the edge of the plate hasn't stuck very well and gets dragged to the model.
Again something I have not seen before....
Print progresses ok and no interference from the dislodged test strip.
75% through and the small pegs start to fail....
Stop print.
Clean off the plate, reposition the print of the 4 small pegs, slow down their outer and top surface print speed, re-slice it and send to print again...
Ta da.... All components now printed :-)
(bit of sanding on pegs to get the cams to sit down)
I thought it worth explaining the steps and learning process in case my earlier post gave the impression that 3d printing is no more complicated than inkjet printing, which for me, up until today, had sort of felt like the experience I was having....
Remember kids... everyday is a school day :-)
Thanks again John May for the turntable..... now off to do some rattle canning :-)
Reading through the forum I found John May's 3d spray booth turntable. Just what I need right now for a fleet of Mustangs that need painting :-)
Download STL, pop it into Bambu printer app, Slice the model, check for any need for supports (none needed) and hit print......
Doh.... forgot I still had the cool plate (smooth base) in the printer.... 80% of the print was successful, but the small pegs didn't stick.
Also the base suffered a bit of warping due to lack of adhesion and the cooling fan....
Something I had not seen on my printer before.
Operator error....
Change to PEI textured plate, delete the components that have printed fine and hit print.
Use different colour because I am getting a hexadecimal error in the printer screen, which refers to the filament feed..... (never seen before).
Hmmm, strange the initial test strip of print that is done at the edge of the plate hasn't stuck very well and gets dragged to the model.
Again something I have not seen before....
Print progresses ok and no interference from the dislodged test strip.
75% through and the small pegs start to fail....
Stop print.
Clean off the plate, reposition the print of the 4 small pegs, slow down their outer and top surface print speed, re-slice it and send to print again...
Ta da.... All components now printed :-)
(bit of sanding on pegs to get the cams to sit down)
I thought it worth explaining the steps and learning process in case my earlier post gave the impression that 3d printing is no more complicated than inkjet printing, which for me, up until today, had sort of felt like the experience I was having....
Remember kids... everyday is a school day :-)
Thanks again John May for the turntable..... now off to do some rattle canning :-)

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)