12th-Jan-24, 10:29 AM
(9th-Jan-24, 08:26 AM)StuBeeDoo Wrote: I rarely buy new cars these days (I've got far too many waiting in my "to be repaired" and "to be repainted" boxes).........The RS1600 in that ^^^ post was a replacement for a badly battered, not very well repaired, and probably not long for this world, C2920 "Old Gold LVX941J" version.
This, however, is a car I've never owned before.................
I bought it to add to my collection of 1950s, 60s & 70s cars. I knew the wheels and tyres would be dire and the motor faaarr to revvy - like all Team Slot cars I've ever bought. I've already replaced the motor with a Chinese "14k @ 12v" one, and the wheels and tyres with Scalextric ones. All it needed, other than that, was a few grams added between the front axle and the motor. At some point I will replace the interior with a left-hand-drive (to match the wipers) rally one - when I find one that fits. All-in-all, not a bad car at all for £40 plus a couple of hours work and a few spares out of my stock.
Best regards,
Stuart.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)