30th-Aug-19, 06:47 PM
I started out making my own from small flange type 12v bulbs that were used to illuminate push buttons on the control panels of computers when a small computer filled a large room. A piece of brass rod formed the curved upper bit with a piece of car brake pipe forming the column. The shade was made up from car copper fuel line. Source of the bulbs dried up decades ago as computer technology advanced :-(
I switched to Ebay sourced railway lights, adding an extension to the column to raise the height. Although rated at 12 volts I run them in parallel at 6 volts for longevity.
I recently (about 4 years ago, LOL) got nice metal lamps which have an LED built in. Again I will extend the height. Not installed any of these yet.
The extensions are a mix of plastic modelling tube and disposable biro pen tubes.
Leo
I switched to Ebay sourced railway lights, adding an extension to the column to raise the height. Although rated at 12 volts I run them in parallel at 6 volts for longevity.
I recently (about 4 years ago, LOL) got nice metal lamps which have an LED built in. Again I will extend the height. Not installed any of these yet.
The extensions are a mix of plastic modelling tube and disposable biro pen tubes.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)