26th-Aug-19, 11:54 AM
It was certainly a fun day of racing on Saturday. And I did surprise myself by doing so well... Sadly, I was unable to attend yesterday and I hear I missed out on another excellent session. I'll post up the results as soon as I have them.
ARC Pro worked really well and the Brands Hatch layout was perfect for digital racing. The software set-up was almost identical to that on the Missing Manual thread here on Slot Racer Online: https://slotracer.online/community/showt...hp?tid=181 - so it was very satisfying for me to experience it in action on the hallowed ground of the Hornby Visitor Centre and enjoyed by some very experienced digital racers.
The winner's success ballast was brutal - as it should be! Having won the first race, I was a sitting duck for the second - eventually fighting back to grab fourth. That was definitely more fun and realistic than our BTCC success ballast simulation (using RCS64) at WHO/digital and on the short home track where I put together the ARC Pro simulation. Will also struggled with the 75% winner's ballast and just missed out on the step-up to the A final for Race Three, handing me a big advantage in the overall standings. With the reversed grid for Race Three, winning Race Two was always going to be a poisoned chalice.
A big thanks goes to the DiSCA team of Gary and Martin for all their hard work and the for the inspiration to ask Hornby to host the event. I think this weekend could be the start of something and hope that there are more ARC Pro Challenge events in the future.
ARC Pro worked really well and the Brands Hatch layout was perfect for digital racing. The software set-up was almost identical to that on the Missing Manual thread here on Slot Racer Online: https://slotracer.online/community/showt...hp?tid=181 - so it was very satisfying for me to experience it in action on the hallowed ground of the Hornby Visitor Centre and enjoyed by some very experienced digital racers.
The winner's success ballast was brutal - as it should be! Having won the first race, I was a sitting duck for the second - eventually fighting back to grab fourth. That was definitely more fun and realistic than our BTCC success ballast simulation (using RCS64) at WHO/digital and on the short home track where I put together the ARC Pro simulation. Will also struggled with the 75% winner's ballast and just missed out on the step-up to the A final for Race Three, handing me a big advantage in the overall standings. With the reversed grid for Race Three, winning Race Two was always going to be a poisoned chalice.
A big thanks goes to the DiSCA team of Gary and Martin for all their hard work and the for the inspiration to ask Hornby to host the event. I think this weekend could be the start of something and hope that there are more ARC Pro Challenge events in the future.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)