Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Swindon Scalextric Swapmeet January 2020
#1

       

The first UK slot car show of 2020 is the Swindon Scalextric Swapmeet on Sunday 5 January.

Organised in conjunction with the Four Lane Blacktop club, the show features a sports hall packed with over sixty traders and various tracks.

The swapmeet takes place at the Oasis Leisure Centre, North Star Avenue, Swindon SW2 1EP.

Doors open at 10.30am. Entry is £2.50 - under-16s get in free.

More details at: www.facebook.com/SwindonScalextric
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post
Quote
#2

It was my first visit to the Swindon swapmeet and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I'd say it was comfortably the biggest swapmeet I've been to in the UK - an impressive range of stuff to buy, see and try.

         

Unusually, there were loads of track to race on. Local club Four Lane Blacktop laid on a four-lane HO layout, a couple of four-lane analogue tracks and a drag strip. There was also a Scalextric digital scenic layout brought along by Slot Track Scenics and a routed rally track from Oxford Slot Car Club.

         

The wide variety of scales, manufacturers and products available for sale was refreshing. I really enjoyed seeing the MRE / Scalextric special edition Monte Carlo cop car close up. Gary was rightly very proud...

         

Despite a near six-hour round journey, I reckon we'll be planning another WHO Racing away day to Swindon in 2021.
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post
Quote
#3

Good day at Swindon


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
[+] 1 member Likes Steve A's post
Quote
#4

The car parks were very empty .............


New trend in selling cars ....... on quite a few stands, cars were sealed in plastic bags ...  I do hope Greta doesn't get to know ... Sun
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by mpjbud
2nd-Apr-26, 10:25 AM
Last Post by mpjbud
4th-Oct-25, 02:35 PM
Last Post by mpjbud
13th-Feb-25, 10:13 AM
Last Post by Gpa113
5th-Jan-25, 07:59 PM
Last Post by mpjbud
18th-Apr-24, 10:21 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)