13th-Aug-19, 09:18 PM
Yes, at first I thought it was a backward step, but a lot of success in sport is about establishing a name/brand.
In 2012, Louise Cook won overall in the FIA World Production Car Rally Championship and tried to follow-through to more success but ultimately could not get sponsorship. I believe that this was the first (only?) instance of a woman winning a world-level motorsport championship without it being a female category.
My only complaint about W-Series is the number of races... need many more. I think that luck played a part in the 2019 series, although Jamie Chadwick is a worthy winner.
Leo
In 2012, Louise Cook won overall in the FIA World Production Car Rally Championship and tried to follow-through to more success but ultimately could not get sponsorship. I believe that this was the first (only?) instance of a woman winning a world-level motorsport championship without it being a female category.
My only complaint about W-Series is the number of races... need many more. I think that luck played a part in the 2019 series, although Jamie Chadwick is a worthy winner.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)