Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

3dp Layer resolution testing
#9

(20th-Jun-23, 05:52 PM)Kevan Wrote:  I've never tried that feature, not sure I can trust it 100% to decide where the thick layers need to be  Bigsmile

I'd say I'm about 50/50 with respect to how many prints I use the automatic versus how many I either set manually or adjust after automatic. The tools to manually set, or adjust, are quite robust. In some rare cases, I'll use the Height Range Modifier option to set a layer height right up to a specific layer, and then a new layer height from there.

The tools really are quite powerful if you spend some time to play with them, beyond just setting a specific layer height for the entire print.

That said, some prints need a fine layer height from start to finish, so setting variable height saves nothing. The example in the OP is probably one of them.

printables.com/@MrFlippant
[+] 1 member Likes MrFlippant's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
3dp Layer resolution testing - by JMay - 20th-Jun-23, 01:48 PM
RE: 3dp Layer resolution testing - by Kevan - 20th-Jun-23, 02:49 PM
RE: 3dp Layer resolution testing - by MrFlippant - 20th-Jun-23, 05:04 PM
RE: 3dp Layer resolution testing - by Kevan - 20th-Jun-23, 05:52 PM
RE: 3dp Layer resolution testing - by MrFlippant - 22nd-Jun-23, 04:34 AM
RE: 3dp Layer resolution testing - by Savage GT - 21st-Jun-23, 06:51 AM
RE: 3dp Layer resolution testing - by Kevan - 21st-Jun-23, 07:31 AM
RE: 3dp Layer resolution testing - by Kevan - 21st-Jun-23, 07:59 AM
RE: 3dp Layer resolution testing - by chappyman66 - 21st-Jun-23, 12:50 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)