21st-Jun-23, 12:50 PM
The OP is another good illustration of FDM layer heights.
This is why I have always run bodies at 0.06 layer height (exactly half a step between). The Ender3 is plenty capable of running at 0.04 but the already lengthy print time is extended another 50% so I don't do it. I don't sand for hours, it isn't required at those layer heights.
Note that the resolution / quality of the file makes a significant difference in finished body quality as well. A low-poly body will still look blocky even printed in resin.
This is why I have always run bodies at 0.06 layer height (exactly half a step between). The Ender3 is plenty capable of running at 0.04 but the already lengthy print time is extended another 50% so I don't do it. I don't sand for hours, it isn't required at those layer heights.
Note that the resolution / quality of the file makes a significant difference in finished body quality as well. A low-poly body will still look blocky even printed in resin.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)