22nd-Apr-23, 01:26 AM
I had done a simple database in MS Access for mine, but was not really happy as it only really runs on the PC, doesn't export particularly well to other systems. What I wanted was something a little more portable, so when I went to the club etc I could record the lap times on the cars, make note of anything that needed maintenance and so on.
Now a younger smarter person could perhaps rely on memory, or making notes and updating Access later. Me I would rather update as I go, so really needed something for mobile platform.
This week I found Memento which is a really easy database system. Has a bunch of templates available to start you off, but I found simple enough to start my own from scratch. Doing so was alot easier than it had been in Access too. Even lets you make different TABs so you can see an overview with photo, then hide the stuff like specifics on weights/motor, repairs and note taking on other tabs.
Free to use with versions for android, ios and Windows. Supposedly you can cloud synch between them and will be checking that next. Worth a look if anyone is looking for something to help them organise.
Now a younger smarter person could perhaps rely on memory, or making notes and updating Access later. Me I would rather update as I go, so really needed something for mobile platform.
This week I found Memento which is a really easy database system. Has a bunch of templates available to start you off, but I found simple enough to start my own from scratch. Doing so was alot easier than it had been in Access too. Even lets you make different TABs so you can see an overview with photo, then hide the stuff like specifics on weights/motor, repairs and note taking on other tabs.
Free to use with versions for android, ios and Windows. Supposedly you can cloud synch between them and will be checking that next. Worth a look if anyone is looking for something to help them organise.
My DIY projects and failures at https://dazee-projects.blogspot.com/
Various projects and videos at https://www.youtube.com/@DaleChan-nel

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)